We all have necessary documents like Pan card, Aadhar card, passport, voter identification card. These documents must be kept safe, as losing them could cause havoc. Not because of the issuing fees, but due to other reasons like time, work, and verification.
Voter identification cards are just as vital as passports. Voting card is provided by the Indian government that permits the holder to vote in all national, state, and local elections as well as serve as proof of residency. It is available to all citizens above the age of 18. After thoroughly scrutinizing the applications and supporting documentation, the Election Commission of India issues the voter id to the voter.
While losing such an important document is worrisome, it happens to most of us at times. If you lose your voter ID card, don’t panic; you can get a copy. If you seek information on obtaining a duplicate voter ID card or replacing a lost voter ID card online, you have come to the correct spot. You will find instructions on reprinting your duplicate voter ID card and the process of duplicate voter ID card download.
What Is A Duplicate Voter ID Card?
The Voter ID card is a form of identity issued by the Election Commission of India to 18-year-olds that allows them to vote as well as serve as proof of domicile when voting in the country’s local, state, and national elections. If your original voter ID card is lost, misplaced, or unusable due to being torn or mutilated, you can request a duplicate voter ID card.
Duplicate Voter ID Key Highlights
Here are some of the essential points to remember about the Duplicate Voter ID card:
|Article||(Duplicate) Voter ID Card Online Download|
|Issued By||Election Commission of India (ECI)|
Benefits And Features Of Duplicate Voter ID Card
Here are some benefits of a Duplicate voter ID card listed below:
1. It is one of the most vital documents that the government issues to its residents.
2. It allows the bearer to vote and participate in regional, state, and national elections, allowing them to elect a representative to govern the region, state, or country.
Features Of A Voter ID Card:
1. Serves the purpose of identity proof.
2. Important document when buying a new sim card or applying for a passport.
3. Also, an important document when traveling to Nepal and Bhutan by road or by air.
When Do You Need To Apply For A Duplicate Voter ID Card?
In the following circumstances, you need to apply for a duplicate voter’s ID:
1. If a voter’s ID card is misplaced.
2. If the voter’s ID card is stolen.
3. If the card is torn or mutilated.
4. The data has undergone some status changes.
The applicant must submit an application form and supporting documents to the Electoral Officer, who will verify the information before issuing the card. The officer in charge’s responsibility is to ensure that the request is genuine. However, it is your responsibility to provide the officer with accurate and complete information.
Check The Documents Required For Duplicate Voter ID Card
Don’t worry if you lost your voter ID; you can get a duplicate by submitting the required documents. And when applying for a duplicate voter Identification card, you must submit the following documents:
1. If you have misplaced or lost your voter ID card, file a First Information Report.
2.EPIC-002 completed and signed
3. Your most recent passport-sized photos
4. Identity and address proofs include Aadhaar card, passport, utility bills, etc.
Details Required To Fill Duplicate Voter Card Form EPIC-002
If you don’t want to use the internet, you can apply for a duplicate voter ID card in person. Visit your local election office—request Form EPIC-002. Fill in the blanks with the required details, such as –
- Your given name
- The number on the original voter identification card
- Age and gender
- Address of residence
- Your Locality and nearby Police station.
How To Get Duplicate Voter ID: Step-By-Step Procedure To Apply For Duplicate Voter ID
Follow the instructions below to apply for a duplicate voter ID card:
Step 1: Go to the website of your state’s Chief Electoral Officer and download Form EPIC-002. EPIC-002 is the online application form for requesting a duplicate election card.
Step 2: Complete the form with the required information, such as your name, the name of a relative, your residential address, and your location.
Step 3: Take this duly signed form and any supporting documents, such as a copy of the FIR or an Aadhaar card, to your nearest electoral office.
You will be given a reference number once you have submitted your application. Please keep it safe to track the status of a duplicate election identity card application. You will be notified to pick up your duplicate voter ID card from your local electoral office once your application has been processed and verified.
Here’s How You Can Download A Duplicate Voter ID Card Online
This section explains how to apply for a duplicate voter ID online. Now let’s explore the steps of duplicating voter ID card download. Here are the steps to get a apply for duplicate voter ID card:
With EPIC Number:
In all states and union territories, the Election Commission of India has now made the procedure easier by offering an online application process for duplicate voter ID cards. A copy of Form EPIC-002 for requesting a duplicate voter ID card can be found on the website of the State Chief Electoral Officer.
- You must completely fill out the form and attach all required documents as directed. FIR copy, proof of address, and identification are all essential documents.
- The form must now be submitted to the local electoral office, where the applicant will be issued a reference number after applying.
- You can monitor the status of their application on the state election office’s website using the reference number provided.
- After the form is submitted, the electoral office will process and verify it.
- Once the verification process has been completed correctly, you will be notified to pick up the duplicate voter ID.
Without EPIC Number:
Follow the steps outlined below to obtain download a duplicate voter identification card without EPIC number:
- Firstly, you need to go to NVSP’s official website.
- Now, you click on ‘Form 6’ below ‘Apply online for registration of new voter/due to relocation from AC.’ and then complete the form, add all your ID evidence, and click ‘Submit.’
- After that, you will be provided with your reference ID, which you may use to know your voter ID application.
2. Offline Procedure
Obtaining a duplicate voter identification card over the mail is a straightforward and simple procedure.
- You must first submit a police report for the loss of your voter ID card and keep a copy of it at all times.
- After that, you must fill out the duplicate Voter ID form completely and accurately with all pertinent information, as well as attach a copy of your FIR.
- All identity documents, such as your driver’s licence, passport, pan card, and ration card, must also be brought. Include any documents that prove your residency, such as a phone bill, energy bill, gas bill copy, passport, and so on.
- You will be given a reference number after submitting these documents, which you may use to track the status of your application. The Electoral Officer will now provide you with a duplicate Voter ID and review your application and papers for accuracy.
- You will be notified when your duplicate voter’s card is ready for pickup at the Electoral Office.
- Following the submission of these documents, the electoral officer will evaluate your application, and if approved, you will be given a duplicate voter ID card. You can do this by going to the electoral office in person. This form will also include a checkbox allowing you to surrender your torn or missing voter ID if it is located at a later date.
How To Check The Application Status Of Duplicate Voter ID Card
In order to check the application status of your duplicate voter ID card follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the National Voters Services Portal and click on “Application Status Tracking.”
Step 2: To check the status of your application, enter the reference ID and then select “Track Status.”
You can also check the status of your application on the official website of the state election office.
Things To Know Before You Apply For Duplicate Voter ID
- You must apply for a voter id card when you have lost it.
- Also, you can apply for it if it has been torn.
Toll-Free Number To Know More Details About Duplicate Voter ID
You can acquire information about your voter ID by calling the Voter Helpline. To contact them, all you have to do is dial 1950.
As a result, this article contains all pertinent information, beginning with the definition of a duplicate voter identification card and its benefits. There are also instructions on obtaining a duplicate voter ID card if you lose your original. You can also reprint your duplicate voter ID card after applying for it. Finally, we attempted to address how to download duplicate voter ID issues near the end of this article.
Frequently Asked Questions About Duplicate Voter ID Card
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about duplicate voters ID are as follows:
1. How to surrender a duplicate voter ID card?
If you ever locate your original voter ID, you can surrender your duplicate voter ID by going to your local police station and returning your FIR..
2. How to get a duplicate voter ID card in Kolkata?
- Firstly you need to visit the official website of Kolkata’s Chief Electoral Officer.
- Now you have to sign up with your valid email address, name, and phone number.
- Then a username and password will be sent to the mobile number provided.
- Now, you need to use the same username and password to log in.
- After that look for Form 6 on the internet.
- You will now be filling in the relevant information after selecting the suitable Form.
- After filling out the needed information, submit the form online.
- Now, print off the Form for future reference.
3. How much time does it take to get a duplicate voter ID?
Getting a duplicate voter ID online usually takes ten days if you lose your voter ID.
4. How to cancel duplicate voter ID cards?
Follow these steps to cancel your duplicate voter ID card:
- You must submit a properly completed Voter ID Form 7 to have your name removed from the electoral list.
- You can either download a Form 7 online or pick one up at your local Electoral Registration Office.
- For your convenience, the third page of this 2-page document will include instructions for filling out the form.
- You will then be prompted to provide the name of the Electoral Registration Officer to whom the letter is being addressed.
- Select the appropriate option and continue.
- The following step will ask you to provide the information about the applicant you want to remove from the list.
- The applicant’s name, surname, part number, serial number, and EPIC number must be written down.
- After that, you will be asked to explain why you want the applicant’s name removed.
- You must submit this to the Electoral Registration Officer and the applicant’s signature.
- You now can submit the completed Form in person, through courier, or online.
How To Download My Duplicate Voter ID Card?
For duplicate voter ID card download go to the Election Commission’s official website at https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ or https://nvsp.in/ and register and log in to your account.
- Keep in mind that you must first create an account.
- If you don’t already have one, you can create one using your email address and phone number.
- After you have created an account, you’ll need to fill out some information.
- A login ID will be generated after all of the details have been entered. So log in to the portal now.
- After logging in, type in your EPIC or Form Reference number and choose your state.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered phone number.
- You will be allowed to download the e-EPIC after entering the OTP.
- Select Download e-EPIC.
- A voter ID PDF file will be downloaded.
The ID card can be saved or printed in case you lost your voter ID card.